Hi All! I have to go in for out patient surgery on March 15 to have my pacemaker replaced (it was recalled). I should be there and home within 8 hours. I am a SAHM and I'm worried about the effect this will have on my relationship with my son who will be 10.5 mos. at the time. My mother will be coming in to help but I have many concerns.
1. What should I be concerned about regarding anesthesia?
2. How soon after surgery should I bf? SHould I pump and dump?
3. If possible, should I bring him to the hospital so he can be with me or should I leave him in a familiar environment at home with my mom or husband?
4. The incision is just below my left colarbone (spell?). Any suggestions on dealing with my son as far as bf or picking him up? I have a sling, but I'm not quite sure how this is all going to work.
5. HOw soon should I start pumping? How much?
6. Sorry, I know I probably sound like a baby, but I'm also concerned that something will happen and I won't be able to be home with him that night if there are complications. Any suggestions to prepare for this scenario?
7. Anything else I should worry about that I haven't thought of?