Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Diazepam

Default Diazepam

A co-worker of mine has a 13 month old and has been prescribed Diazepam 2mg to take every now and then when she is stressed out and she is still nursing. She said her doc said it is fine but I looked it up on LactMed from the NIH Toxnethttp://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT site and it says not to take it with nursing b/c it is excreeted in the breastmilk. However, all of the doses online are much higher than what she was given. Any suggestions or info I can refer her to?
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: Diazepam

How about her pedi?

Also - heres a page from Dr Hales site that on the second question deals with a 21 mo old.

Seems like this one is pretty touchy. Any other options she could use?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Diazepam

I just want to say thanks for posting that link. I had a question regarding a med that the doc just put me on yesterday and although I called LO doc, it was good to get immediate info. Thanks.