Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Solids strike?

Default Solids strike?

My 8 mo. old lo went through a nursing strike a couple of months ago (that was horrible!) but I wonder if its common to also go through a solids strike, even after solids have become a regular part of their diet? He was having 3 serving of fruits and veggies a day, now he won't touch a drop for a few days now. He has no teeth yet, I wonder if one is breaking through and if that could cause this? Has anyone experienced this? Fortunately I'm not worried because he's having tons of bm
    I'm proud to be first woman in my family to breastfeed!
    cloth diapering convert!
    Loving the homemade baby food!

Default Re: Solids strike?

oh yea... some days you think they are "living on air"
    and then others they will eat alot more!

We had a two week solids strike right before two teeth came out and a cold coming on. There's also still lots of variation day to day of amounts, but this was the only time she would not even eat a single bite of things she previously loved. Don't worry, he'll eat when he's ready

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

Thanks! He is getting over a cold and I know a tooth is coming, so I think that's all it is. That's a relief to hear!
    cloth diapering convert!

my son has done the same thing. he went on a nursing strike and right after we got the nursing back on track, he would not touch solids. he is definitely teething, and crawling, and other stuff, and i have been told that ebbs and flows in their desire for food is normal.

Thank god for you ladies, I would have had a heart attack a long time ago if I didn't hear that other lo's go through the same thing and its normal. His lips are closed up like fort Knox when I try to give him solids, but I'll just wait it out! . (nursing strikes are the worst, by the way! Those pass too!)
    cloth diapering convert!