Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your choice of blenders for baby food

Default your choice of blenders for baby food

I would like to take a poll, so to speak. Someone in another post mentioned something Called a Magic Bullet Blender for making her own baby food. I went to the website and it seemed pretty cool. But I have also seen advertised at Target another small size blender that comes with ice cube trays. (I guess you're supposed to freeze homemade baby food???) It's usually pictured in teal blue. I was hoping to get some input from others who make their own baby food on what type of blenders they really like. Which ones clean up easy? Which ones can blend things to different consistencies? Etc etc... Thanks, girls!

Default Re: your choice of blenders for baby food

The Magic bullet thread was mine Go to www.homelandhousewares.com and it is featured there.

You know, with dd#1 i got ther Target and WalMart brand baby food things - and they sucked compared to the bullet thing I got. We got the ice trays with covers they sell (they are like $7 for 2 trays) from a baby store and the whole thing works great. We make a batch of avacado, banana and peaches on saturday, plop them in the trays and we are set for the week. Babies only need about one ice cube size per feeding - and the rest stays good in the freezer.

I have a hand held from Wal-Mart. It works well and cleans up very easily. I took it with me on vacation because it is so small. I use the baby food cubes to freeze my food in. Ice trays are good too but the you leave the food in the cubes nd feed from there and you can take them anywhere with you.

we just used a hand grinder.. its easy to clean and you don't have to plug it in and its cheap.. under $15. I still have the one that my mom used with her babies. lol
    http://www.happybabyproducts.com/kidcofoodmill1.html

With ds#1 I used the Happy Baby baby food grinder too. It's great for feeding them what you are eating right from the table. But it's easier to use something electric for making food in bulk and freezing. With ds#2 I use an Oster hand blender http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0000AZUW9
    If he was eating what we were eating for dinner, I'd just blend right in the bowl I was using for him, and for making food in bulk, I'd freeze in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I'd transfer the cubes to freezer bags.
    Jill
    Wife to Steven, mom to ds Noah (11), ds Oliver (4), dss Peter (11), Linus (2), and 2 in heaven.

Buy Eco-friendly Handmade at GaGa Bum
    Blogaholic ~ SERENITY NOW!

I make all of Jackson's food...
    I use a mini cuisinart and then freeze it in mini muffin tins. Once frozen, I switch to a ziploc freezer bag. Then when I have to go somewhere, I use a glass artichoke jar to put two cubes in. (it has a wider mouth than baby food jars)

Thanks for all the input, everyone! I think that's a great idea to use the muffin tins too because they're a little bigger than an ice cube tray. When you said you used artichoke jars that reminded me of me because I use old Frapuccino jars for frozen breast milk!

Another question for those who responded. Do all these blenders that you've recommended have the ability to grind to different consistensies? Or do you just adjust the amount of time that you press the button?

I've used:

- Kidco Food Mill - Good for on-the go. Didn't work for peas or green beans, the skins got stuck.
    - Cuisinart Mini Food-Prep - worked okay. Stuff stuck to the sides and was hard to blend.
    - Magic Bullet - BEST!!!!! So very easy to use, easy to clean up. Blended everything. Just blend for a shorter amount of time as your baby grows.

I used the Super Baby Food book (taking with a grain of salt that the author is a bit overzealous).
    I initially used coffee grinder to grind rice and grains. It worked but was a pain to clean.
    I then got a mini cuisinart which is great for fruits and veggies but was so so for grinding.
    I then was given the bullet which I thought was a piece of crap until I ground rice in it. It pulverized it in seconds and no big pieces left in it!
    So for me the combo of mini cuisinart and bullet are great!
    HTH