Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing sessions shortened?

Default Nursing sessions shortened?

These past couple of days, DD (7 mos) has not been nursing well, but has been a pit when eating her solids. She has been fussy at the breast, and it is making me think that I am not producing enough milk for her. I guess my question is...Should nursing sessions lessen as time goes by with increasing solids? She eats solids 2x a day. I am so worried that I can't provide enough milk for her...

Default Re: Nursing sessions shortened?

My 8.5 month old is the same way.. she gets so impatient that once the letdown milk is gone she is to lazy to work for the rest of it... she barely eats solids but I could tell my supply had gone down due to her being lazy at the breast. I threw in a few pumping sessions for a few days( of which I barely got any milk) but it seemed to signal the breasts to make more milk so she seems to be eating more now that my supply is going up.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!