Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 1/2 monthes and not wanting to nurse:(

Default 10 1/2 monthes and not wanting to nurse:(

i don't know what to do my J boy is almost 11 monthes and he doesn't want 2 nurse . It's really hard for me to grasp...I don't know what 2 do. He needs his milk, right ??

Default Re: 10 1/2 monthes and not wanting to nurse:(

is he getting sick, acting different in any way? did he sleep the same as usual last night? teeth - those buggers can ruin everything? could be a strike?

Was this all of a sudden or a gradual thing??
    Weaning is VERY gradual, a strike is all of a sudden. Here is more info on the topic.
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/strike.html
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

well this has been going on for about 3 days now, and he is bitting on everything more than usual. plus he is getting over from being congested, and still has a mild cough

a nusing strike? Yesterday he nursed maybe 4 times and 2 was a nite and 1 when he woke up in the morning-the other time was reAlly short like only 3-5 min.. i'm embaressed 2 say but i'm scared

Hi, My 10 month old is doing the same thing! I think its cause she is getting over a slight cold. She was nursing great and now its like she doesnt want it at all. I am just gonna be patient and keep trying. Hope it gets better.
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

My 10.5-month-old is doing something similar, but he seems to be teething. He is also now so mobile that he gets distracted by all the things he wants to see that the only way I can get him to nurse for any length of time is to go into the bedroom and keep things quiet. Which works for maybe five or ten minutes, then he's off.

My son went on a 12 day strike when he was 10.5 months old. The first 3 days he did not even nurse at night so I pumped and gave the milk to him with a spoon since he never took a bottle and wouldn't drink milk from a cup. After 3 days he came back to the breast at night but the day strike continued. I kept offering during the day and pumped when he refused to keep up the supply. After 12 days he gradually came back and still nursing at 19 months. Hang in there, this too shall pass.