Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: no spit-up at night - is it just us?

Question no spit-up at night - is it just us?

Hi, everyone. DH and I have a three-month-old DS. He sleeps in his crib at night in our bedroom. During the day, DS spits up, but at night, he NEVER does. Does anyone have any ideas about why this would be? It's not really a problem, we're just curious to see if we can figure it out so that we can help him with his spit up during the day. He doesn't spit up excessively during the day (although yesterday was a bad spit up day), just usually once or twice after each meal. We think we do the same things (in terms of burping, etc.) with DS at night as we do during the day. Ideas?

Default Re: no spit-up at night - is it just us?

My son doesn't usually spit up at night either, he's four months. Generally, he's sleeping through the night now, but has never really seemed to do much overnight even when he woke up several times. I'm not sure why this is either (as he spits up during the day, some worse than others, like you mentioned), but certainly saves me from having to wash lots of crib sheets!

My daughter spit up at night only during the first few weeks. At 9 weeks she sleeps through but what I noticed was at night she usually only took one breast at a feed after those first few weeks.

My son spit up ALL day long from the time he was four weeks old until he was 6 mos. During that time, he NEVER spit up at night. I have no idea why, but that was just the way it was. OH, and nothing we did helped the spitting up during the day - and, no, he didn't have reflux - he was just a spitter