Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to say tomorrow:-(

Default Re: What to say tomorrow:-(

Quote Originally Posted by tamarama View Post
    Did they talk about testing him for other allergies/intolerances?

My littlest one had weight gain issues but was healthy and happy. It turns out she has gluten intolerance but I would have NEVER guessed from how she acted/felt.

I don't think BF is the issue! But try adding the more fat to the food he does eat.

When we go again in two months time, if he hasn't put weight on by then she wants to do more blood tests again. So I guess for now we just have to hang in there, try the supplements and keep on trying.

Thanks for the support.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

or test his iron?
    sometimes kids with low iron don't eat much food and once you get thier iron level up where its beter they will eat more.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    or test his iron?
    sometimes kids with low iron don't eat much food and once you get thier iron level up where its beter they will eat more.

Yeah that's one of the tests they wanna do when we go back again - he eats lots of meat - it's the veggies we struggle with, I can't imagine his iron would be low, but at this point I am willing to try anything

I just l my LO so much it's so disheartening to hear stuff like this from Doctors when you are doing your best to ensure he is getting all he needs. IFYKWIM.

yeah low iron is an easy fix..
    are you giving any vitiamans?

we used flora dix with my dd when she had low iron.
    its beter absorbed then other kids that aren't plant based and it has the vitiaman c it it already.

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=1041

heres a page about it thier main web page doesn't seam to be working right now...

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Hang in there. My DD is a little one also but our Ped hasn't put too much emphasis on her weight or height as she is reaching all of her milestones brilliantly. She is a picky eater also but we have a hard time getting her to eat meat. She will eat great for a couple days and then go for a couple days eating hardly anything but she says, "all done" and we let her go. You are doing the right thing not forcing him to eat. I mean what are you going to do? Open his mouth, force the food in and move his jaws up and down to chew? Just stick to what you are doing and I hope your next appointment goes better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellegirl View Post
    I mean what are you going to do? Open his mouth, force the food in and move his jaws up and down to chew?
    My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for all your support - it's good to know that I am not the only one with a little one who's a picky eater. He's reaching his milestones too. Maybe I shouldn't worry so much

to all of you.

I TOTALLY get where you're coming from. Try not to stress so much, it's impossible, I KNOW! But you are doing the best you can.

Hang in there!