Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Did she throw up b.c. of what I fed her?

Default Did she throw up b.c. of what I fed her?

Last night I gave Liliana her second tasting of sweet potato mixed with a bit of oatmeal (which she has already had). An hour or two later I nursed her and laid her down for the night. A little bit later she started fussing and when I went up to check on her she had thrown up. We cleaned her up and I nursed her for just a bit b.c. that's the way she usually will go to sleep. Well she threw up again. After I cleaned her up that time I just laid her down without nursing and she threw up for thankfully the last time. I called the nurse and she said if she continues to throw up it's a bug but if not it was something she ate. Do babies typically have a reaction to sweet potatoes I told DH it was weird that when she threw up it was just milk and cereal, no orange to indicate she had had sweet potato. Maybe I fed her to much? What do I do now in regards to offering her sweet potato again? Do I wait awhile?
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

Default Re: Did she throw up b.c. of what I fed her?

anybody else in the family sick?

Sometimes they do just throw up out of the blue...

Nope no one else has been sick. That's what makes it so weird. She's fine now. I think I'll try the sweet potato again today and not so close to a sleep time.

Could something I ate made her throw up? We went to Olive Garden and the food is probably the richest I've ate since she's been born.
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

naw I don'tthink anything you ate made her throw up..
    Does she have other signs of allergies?
    Do other things bother her?

I know somebody whos little guy couldn't have the sweet potatoe...
    He out grew it at about 2

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-foods.html

http://forums.lalecheleague.org/showthread.php?t=46120

does any of my story sound familiar....(or the links)???

needless to say i am not try sweet potato for quite some time
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Wow thanks for the links. Who would have thought sweet potatoes could be an allergy? I wonder if I should try them again down the road? I hate cleaning up so I'm thinking not. She has her 6 month well baby on the 14th so I'll be sure to mention it to the doc. I wonder why she didn't react the first time? And why was it just cereal she threw up and not the sweet potatoes? Ugh I hate allergies!!
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03

Ahh, the joys of solids. Our twins have a lot of allergies. For us, it's not the sweet potatoes, but the oats! It took me four tries to figure out what it was. They had oatie-o's, infant oatmeal cereal, and regular oatmeal before I realized that is what was causing the severe vomiting episodes.
    Mommie to big sister Eszter, and twinnies Sophia and Josiah