Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think it is over

Unhappy I think it is over

Well Ladies, it looks like K is weaning herself. I posted earlier this week about her biting. Well now she won't even come near my breast. At first she would just scream & cry when she saw them, turning her head away from me. Now she just pinches them. What is so hard is watching my LO go from someone who had to nurse all the time, to not wanting anything to do with them. It has now been 6 days since she last nursed. And she could care less. Meanwhile, I am trying not to fall apart.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Default Re: I think it is over

Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

Congrats for making it over a year!!! I know it's hard, but just think of all the good you did by nursing her as long as you did!!!!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

It's just a new chapter mama, in your relationship. You gave her such a wonderful gift.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Hang in there! If you don't want it to be over, there's still a chance it's a strike. DS went on a 10 day strike at 17 months due to teething pain. He came back and is still nursing at 2. Weaning is usually gradual where as strikes tend to be abrupt. Either way, it's tough not to be nursing when that's such a part of your mothering. Hugs to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    It's just a new chapter mama, in your relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Man's Momma View Post
    Hang in there! If you don't want it to be over, there's still a chance it's a strike.

's V.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I'm sorry for your saddness mama

Quote Originally Posted by Tippee View Post
    Congrats for making it over a year!!! I know it's hard, but just think of all the good you did by nursing her as long as you did!!!!
    This was no easy task- pumping is hard work! You should be proud and K is lucky to have such a great mom. Still it is hard, I know.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

I'm actually crying for you Mama.

You are a fantastic Mother, and have let DD lead the way. She may pick up again, who knows?

Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

I agree that it may be a nursing strike due to teething. My son had one for 12 days around 10-11 months. He came back and still continues to BF at 19 months. If you want to continue I will suggest trying to sneak in some feedings while she is asleep at night.