Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Letdown is NOT happening this morning - help!

Unhappy Letdown is NOT happening this morning - help!

I was having this problem about a month ago.....see previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma
    My six month old dd is becoming more and more frustrated with the length of time it is now taking for letdown to occur. I have been slightly depressed lately, could this be this cause? It used to take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and a half and now it is taking up to 4 or 5 minutes!!
    After this post, things went back to normal.

Now, this morning, she tried for 10 minutes and nothing! I thawed out a bag of EBM and made a bottle which she refused b/c it's been a really long time since I've left her and she hasn't needed a bottle in a while.

I tried a sippy cup, she's not interested.

I tried a regular cup, same thing.

I put her back to the breast, she sucked for about 2 minutes this time....and nothing. I can feel that milk is in there and I nursed her three times overnight w/o a problem.....what's going on?

I know that if she's hungry enough, she'll take the bottle, but I don't want her to feel that kind of hunger.

DH is taking her on a stroll right now, so I can eat and try to relax about this....any thoughts/suggestions???
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Default Re: Letdown is NOT happening this morning - help!

Take a hot bath and then when letdown occurs start feeding. The hot water will help with the letdown and any stress or tension that may be interfering with letdown.

are you sure it isnt that your just not feeling the let down? i dont alway feel let down, i just know its happened because dd relaxes when it happens.

Thanks for the two responses.....it definitely was not happening....no swallowing, angry baby and I do always feel it.

It did eventually happen, several times today.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.