Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Failure to Thrive Update!!!

Smile Failure to Thrive Update!!!

Well, ds just had his 6 mo check up. I was a little nervous, because I know he had gotten up to close to 13 lbs. We went on vacation a couple of weekends ago and I was not as good with giving his Prevacid. When we got back he was spitting up MUCH more than usual. On top of that, he was not nursing well for 3 days (He would not nurse for more than 2-3 min on each side and was getting dehydrated). He is back to nursing well-thank goodness.
    So his weight was 11 lb 11oz, we were not to upset and the pedi suprised me. She did not even say anything about it. His length and head circumference were fine and she said she was not going to worry about his wieght because he was meeting all milestone on time or early and everything else on him looks GREAT!!
    Wahoooo! Thank you all for your support. We started ds on solids last week. He is eating great and LOVES food. He is always asking for more! That boy has a GOOD appetite let me tell you. He even still nurses 6-9 times a day with the cereal he was getting.

Default Re: Failure to Thrive Update!!!

Yay!!!!

Okay, not that anyone truely has thought about our situation.....especially since I have not posted anything in a while. But... I HAD to boast about our new gains. About a month ago ds had diarrhea for 2 weeks. That finally stopped, but I was worried that I would have to stop bf if it did not stop, b/c the GI doc thought my bm was causing the diarrhea. GI doc was also worried b/c ds had not gained enough weight.
    So yesterday, we had our 9 mo visit and ds weight 14lb 9 oz!!!! What a huge jump. At his 6 mo check up he was 11 lb 11 oz, then at his GI 8 mo check up he had dropped to 12 lb 6 oz. In a month he gained 2 lbs and 2 oz!!!
    He finally broke through on his tooth, he is crawling everywhere, pulling up onto everything, and is "Cruising" when we hold onto his hands. He would rather explore the idea of walking right now more than anything else. He is not even 9 months old yet (he will be on Saturday!!)
    anyways, sorry for the LONG post. I just had to share my happiness and good news.

Sheila, congratulations! Thank you for sharing this happy new with us! It's wonderful to know that Michael is continuing to gain and develop well.

--Rebecca