Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I don't want to wean :(

Unhappy I don't want to wean :(

Hi all!

I conceived my DD via artificial insemination, I am still breast-feeding her, she is now 12 months old and I wanted to breast-feed until she wanted to but my DH wants to star TTC again soon. The problem is I didn't get my period back yet and my fertility Dr suggested to wait till may and if I didn't get my period back by then, to wean her at least during the day (she nurses all night, every hour or so).

i am very sad and wish my situation was different but I'm not getting any younger so I don't have a choice. Will weaning from day feedings make my period to come back? Is there any other way? (I already know this answer but I need some hope )

Thanks very much in advance!!

Lasbi

Default Re: I don't want to wean :(

I wish I could help, just wanted to send you hugs....
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

i know alot of women get their periods back when they night wean or start solids, for many, it is when their lo just goes longer stretches. just wondering why would day weaning be your first option? I guess, for me! I can't wait to get to a year just to night wean! is night weaning an option?

If you don't want to wean, I would wait a little bit and reexamine after some time. You may get your period back soon, and you may not. Also, just because you wean some or 100%, there is no guarantee of WHEN your period will come back. By bf'ing your baby, you are giving him/her the very best nutrition, and immunity, and if its going well, why would you want to wean? There is always plenty of time for more kids, and you don't want to do something you may regret later. I would keep talking to your husband about it, and maybe you can just take it month by month and see how it goes!

I hope it goes ok!

I thought of day weaning because it's easier for me to do it but I think my best option is to night wean even though it makes me really sad.

I don't think I can wait too long, I'm 34 years old and with my infertility backgrownd I have to think it may take awhile till i get PG again.

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Lasbi

Some fertility stuff that might interest you:
    http://www.gardenoffertility.com/naturalremedies.shtml

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

I don't know how helpful this is but I got my period back before my DD was 12 months and she still nurses all day. They are shorter, comfort nursings and work great for calming tantrums, etc. I feed her meals regularly and then all day just nurse on demand. I would say, not to cause friction, but if you want to keep nursing please do it. It's such a special bond with your baby and if you don't want to wean, then don't! There is no guarantee, as these ladies are saying, of when your period will come back and even then, of when you will conceive. Just weight the decision carefully and decide what you want and what you want for your baby. That's the most important.

Good luck!