Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 month old on the airplane

Smile 2 month old on the airplane

Well I'm going to New Jersey leaving from New Mexico and My son is two months old. I am really nervous about taking him with me because he is really a bossy baby he likes to be walked around bounced sang to and all the other things you have to do to clam a baby. He is not really fussy but he needs his way. I'm really worried about him and the whole ear popping thing. His doc told me to make sure he is feeding while we are taking off and landing but what do I do if he is not hungry. His god mom told me to make him eat but he aint one of those kind of kids, if he is not hungry he is not going to eat. Please moms give me some advice.

Thank you all!!!
    Tubbas mommie

Default Re: 2 month old on the airplane

My first airplane ride was with my first son when he was 4 months old. Absolutely, try and get him to nurse or suck on something, perhaps a pacifier, on take off. Landing may not be so important(I didn't use anything on landing and my son was fine). If you are worried about him not eating, try and schedule your feedings around the time you take off or hold off a feeding until take off, i.e. get him to a point where he is hungry and will nurse. You may be surprised about the whole trip. When my son was 4 months he slept the entire time. The humming of the plane and virbrations put him right to sleep, both to and from our destinations. I took him on a plane again at 8 months and he did the same. I understand your concern about his preferences. I'm leaving tomorrow, the 4th, and traveling with my, now, 2 year old son Robert, and my 7 month old son Clay who is also very particular about how he likes to be held(usually he wants me standing and walking when he is held, he doesn't like to sit at all). I'm just going to hope for the best. I've packed a few toys that he likes and luckily my husband will be traveling with us, so he can help. We are also taking a portable dvd player so the boys can watch movies. Good luck with your travels and I hope people send more suggestions that may help.

Mom of Robbie and Clay,
    Theresa

I recently posted on similar worry. We are flying next week with our 3.5 mo old DS. There were a lot of good ideas. Check the following thread.... http://www.lalecheleague.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=4512

HTH

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

I think that if your ds has pain in his ears from the air pressure at take off and landing, then he willl oprobably take the breast for comfort even if he's not "hungry".
    I took a 2 day series of flights from Brazil the Australia alone with my 6 mo dd, and she was no problem at all - thanks to my secret milky weapons!