Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working and pumping logisitics

Default Re: Working and pumping logisitics

I usually rinse them out as well. I do have the Medela quick wipes, but for some reason they seem so chemical-y to me!

I would say that after each pumping session it's a good idea to transfer the EBM into storage bags (I also love Lansinoh) because if you will be freezing the EBM, you should only do so in increments of 2-6 oz and that's normally one pumping session.

Good Luck, it gets to be a habbit and before long you'll be used to it, so will your co-workers. Today a partner (man about 65) wanted to meet with me but asked with sinceraty, "Do you want to pump first?" Weird! But Funny.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I use the Medela Quick Clean wipes, too, and think they're super convenient.

I also use the Medela Micro Steam bags. Each bag can be reused 20 times; the box contains five bags. You pop your pump accessories in along with 2 oz. of water, microwave for 1.5-3 minutes depending on the strength of the microwave, and they parts are sterilized. You can also steam clean the pump tubing and bottles. They're another handy alternative.

i have pumped for a year this time and about 71/2 months the first. I always used the medela steam bags. You can reuse them up to 20 times and everything is clean (sterilish?) in about 3 minutes. Even less if you have a more powerful microwave. I have using soap and h2o because I am always paranoid about not rinsing the soap well enough. I guess my parts are not always perfectly dry but I don't worry too much about it unless there is a ton of h2o. I pump 2x and bring 2 sets of bottles. My parts really would not fit in the tiny little cooler that I use.

I rinse my parts and dry with a towel(I don't worry if there is some water in it). I leave my milk in the bottles and transfer it to the baby bottle when I get home. But I have about ten storage bottles so I have plenty to last me thru the day.

I finally broke down and ordered two sets of extra flange. Washing them by hand is just too much of a pain, and I'm always worried about the soap as well. If you use medela standard size flange, they have these one piece ones" that are much better and cheaper than the two piece assemblies. They cost less than $7 each for the flange + valve and that little yellow thingy. So now I just bring them home and boil them once at night. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier.