In a few weeks I have to work at a conference. I'll be gone for 6 days. DD will be 7 mos old. I work FT so she is used to getting bottles of BM 3x's a day during the week. However, the sitter is on vacation that week so either I take DD with me (and DH to watch her while I work from 8am-9pm each day of the conference) or I leave her at home with DH and enough stash to get them through 6 days and then pump like crazy while I'm away. I've never been away from her overnight, so I'm not sure how she'd react to not nursing when she wakes up and goes to bed. Thoughts that are running through my mind:
If I don't take her:
1. What if she has a meltdown from missing mommy?
2. What if she goes on a bottle strike?
3. Will she wean after not nursing for 6 days?
4. Will my supply suffer after 6 days of pumping?
If I do take her:
1. Is it fair to DD and DH to be cooped up in a hotel room for
6 days? I won't see them much other than to nurse.
2. Am I just overreacting and need to believe she'll be fine without me? I think DH thinks I'm just being too paranoid.
WWYD? Take her with or enjoy 6 days w/out baby?