Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think it is over

Default Re: I think it is over

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    I'm actually crying for you Mama.

You are a fantastic Mother, and have let DD lead the way. She may pick up again, who knows?

...when Kate weaned at 16.5 months....it still felt too soon for me.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Its tough. It really is. That's exactly what Haylee did--she bit me a couple times and I responded with ouch. Pretty soon, she was biting me, laughing and saying ouch, then running away, happy as can be. Its up to you where you want to go from here. You can treat it as a strike and continue to offer, if you want to continue. But that isn't sure to work either.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I am so sorry mamma - must be hard when you aren't ready for it. Hope it's just a strike and your LO comes back for more.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Wow, I didn't imagine I would get this kind of response. Thanks Ladies! This has been a great 13 months, and I know I would never have made it this long without all of you here for support. I will continue to take it one day at a time & let K lead the way. Who knows, maybe it is a strike. But this whole time, she has been super great with me, showering me daily with hugs & kisses, never letting me out of her site. I wouldn't change having a High Needs Baby for any other baby in the world. If this stage in our relationship is over, please know that I will continue to come to this forum. Who knows, maybe I can help another WOHM make it to 1 year. Thanks again to everyone!!!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Thats the whole idea! Keep coming back.

Aweee....you sound like me. I have nursed my baby for 8 months now and he no longer is interested (except when going to bed at night or waking in the middle of the night) He too could care less. I am still pumping though and giving him 1-2 bottles of EBM during the day. The rest is formula in a bottle. How did you feel about stopping because I feel so bad (sad) that I too will soon end my breastfeeding. He just is not interested, my production is so low now and he is biting me more frequently. OUCHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janicecooks View Post
    Aweee....you sound like me. I have nursed my baby for 8 months now and he no longer is interested (except when going to bed at night or waking in the middle of the night) He too could care less. I am still pumping though and giving him 1-2 bottles of EBM during the day. The rest is formula in a bottle. How did you feel about stopping because I feel so bad (sad) that I too will soon end my breastfeeding. He just is not interested, my production is so low now and he is biting me more frequently. OUCHHHH!!!!
    I am doing better with it. I was sad at first but it has gotten better with time. She still has to snuggle with me to go to sleep, which I love.

So hoping we might just be going through a strike, I tried offering the boob to Miss K last night. She was so grumpy. So I pulled it out and said "Do you want this?" She smiled, waved "Hi", then leaned in and licked it really quick. Then she broke out laughing. What can I say, I tried.