Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP!! 9 mth old bitting!!

Default HELP!! 9 mth old bitting!!

My son and I have had an excellent nursing run until about 1 week aggestionsgo! He started bitting me and HARD!! I have tried everything. Removing him from the breast, saying NO sternly, tapping the bottom of his foot ect... I dont know what else to do. Yesterday evening it was so bad I had to give him a bottle for his bedtime feeding because I could not take it any longer. In the middle of the night (we co-sleep) he nurses fine, he is however half asleep then. During the day is when this happens the most. I am worried he is not going to get enough milk if I don't give him a bottle of breast milk because I have to end the feeding so soon. I posted not long ago that my ped wants me to supp with formula because of his weight (16.6 lbs). I am finally feeling sure that formula is not for us... but if his weight goes down because of this I fear my worries will return. Any suggestions????

Default Re: HELP!! 9 mth old bitting!!

You are going to have to be firm with him. I don't know any good tricks though. I will be watching and taking notes. Are you giving him solids?

He does eat solids. Just about whatever we eat. I have heard that the later you start solids the less of an issue bitting is.. Wish I would of known sooner!!!

I feel your pain (literally )

My 9 mo bit me the night before last hard enough to draw blood
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07