Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: too much?

Default too much?

hi
    i'm not sure if my lo is sleeping too much. she is 2 and a half months old and she sleeps a lot. she gets sleepy around 7 at night and would sleep straight thru the night except i wake her for feedings until about 11 or 12. then she doesn't wake until about 6 for a feeding and goes back to sleep. she stays sleepy all thru the morning and doesn't really have a wakeful time until noon. for the rest of the day she stays up only about one hour at a time. should i be concerned?

thanks in advance!

Default Re: too much?

Has she always been this way? If so I would let the prdiatrician know about it. Otherwise, I would be praising God for the break

That does seem like a lot, see what the ped says. You may just be blessed! At least you won't have to worry about the Sleep or lack of it forum!
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

I would be concerned if she hasn't always been like this. Sometimes if babies aren't getting enough to eat they will all of the sudden become very "easy" sleeping a lot and being uninterested in eating. How often are you feeding her during the day? How many wet and poopy diapers are you getting?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

thanks for replies! dd has always been a fairly sleepy baby. she eats every 2 hrs. during the day. i guess i was wondering if she should be more awake at this age.

Is she really active when she's awake??? I wouldn't worry

2 months = 18+ hours of sleep per day.

Gosh that would be nice!! If it is healthy. My LO is 3 months now and she cat naps all day...20 minutes at a time and then us up eating 2-3 hours at night. I agree talk to the ped. just to make sure everything is okay. R u BF? My Lo is low on Iron and I know that it makes for a sleepy baby too. Good luck!