Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help 9wk growth spurt???

Unhappy help 9wk growth spurt???

we had weight gain issues from birth to seven weeks. she was doing fine satisfied after feedings now she is constantly hungry! sometimes she wants to nurse then starts crying and then spits up everything she just ate. most of the time she is hungry and i am feeding on demand but concerned it might be a supply issue again. how can i tell if it is agrowth spurt she is 9wks now. she has good output and has been sleeping alot. my nipples are really sore because of the increase is that normal after 9wks of ebf for them to be sore now?

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Default Re: help 9wk growth spurt???

If the diaper output is good, and you are feeding on demand with no supplementation, than you are fine! Nothing to worry about. Continue feeding on demand. I think around that time my child started spitting up as well. I also found it very concerning....only because he hadn't done it before and now was doing it ...but the mothers around me pointed it out it was really more of a laundry problem than anything else. Babies spit up. It has more to do with the sphincters on the end of their stomach not being tightly wound than it has to do with upset stomach or overeating. Unless it's projectile vomit(shoots across the room and hits the wall) your fine.Just keep feeding that baby!!

Way too lazy for formula

sometimes she wants to nurse then starts crying and then spits up everything she just ate.
    Is she hungry or wanting to comfort nurse?
    Is she crying after spitting up? My son did this and he had reflux but that might not be the issue. It doesn't sound like a supply issue to me. Keep doing what you are doing!!

i think its both sometimes shes really hungry and then sometimes she wants to comfort nurse and then she gets upset that she gets milk i would give her a pacifier but dont want it to interfere with supply. how do i know which is which hunger or just comfort nursing? she is sleeping so much longer the past few days and is eating like a monster so i think she is growing

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Hi, wow is she cute!!!
    Sounds like you have a spitter. Like one of the posters said, if you see signs of pain, it would be important to look deeper into it. However, some spit is just spit. Comfort sucking is as important to a babies psychological well being, as active nursing is to its body and growth. Don't worry about the goal of the nursing! Your doing fabulous mama!