Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medela Freestyle Breastpump?

Default Re: Medela Freestyle Breastpump?

Oh boy! This sounds like the pump for me. I have been trying to decide which one to get now that my ameda has finally bit the big one. I am just not sure about the cost. I only work 3 days a wek for 3 hours is it worth it?????
    Whitney wife to Darren~~~~BWing and CDing and BFing (duh!)
    Mommy to Jace and Jadon identical twin boys (4-15-01)
    Mommy to Skyler(rambo) (2-28-04)
    Mommy to Ryder (5-02-06)
    Sawyer is here!!!!-(5-08-08)overdue!

Did it come with the cooler bag and the carrying bag and all the accessories? I'm trying to figure out how it so much cheaper through addalittlelove.com. It's over $400 at Amazon!

Did the Freestyle come with the cooler bag and the carrying bag and all the accessories? I'm trying to figure out how it so much cheaper through addalittlelove.com. It's over $400 at Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by MellieP View Post
    Did the Freestyle come with the cooler bag and the carrying bag and all the accessories? I'm trying to figure out how it so much cheaper through addalittlelove.com. It's over $400 at Amazon!
    i have been communicating with addalittlelove.com via email and yes the pump does come with all the extras, like cooler bag and parts. I'm not sure why she is cheaper but she is...

I have been renting a symphony and plan to purchase the freestyle since i can get it for what 5 months of rental costs...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

can we get an update from the freestyle users? do you still love it? any complaints? i'm about to order it. i think.....
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I am a nursing student, and my partner will be staying at home with the baby while I am at school. I will be at school 5 days a week, most days for 3-4 hours, and clinical days for 6 hours. Would this be a good pump for me? I've also looked at the price on amazon and it is 400$, I find it strange on Addalittlelove.com that they won't post the price online, and you have to order by phone. It seems a few people on this thread have had great success.

Quote Originally Posted by hfmom View Post
    I am a nursing student, and my partner will be staying at home with the baby while I am at school. I will be at school 5 days a week, most days for 3-4 hours, and clinical days for 6 hours. Would this be a good pump for me?
    From my understanding, the Freestyle is comparable to the Pump in Style (performance-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by hfmom View Post
    I've also looked at the price on amazon and it is 400$, I find it strange on Addalittlelove.com that they won't post the price online, and you have to order by phone.
    Like many manufacturers, Medela has rules about pricing and advertising. AFAIK, if a business is charging a different price than what Medela suggests, they can't advertise it.

HTH!

I'm a nurse and work part time (2-3 days a week) and the freestyle rocks. I used a PISA with my now 2 year old and pumped til a year. It would take me about 15 min to pump with it. With the freestyle is takes me about 7-8 min to pump, is easy to set up and use. Love it!
    Margaret and
    DS 2/06 nursed x1yr
    and DD 3/08, so far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by blawndi View Post
    I am 7 weeks pp and have been exclusively pumping for about 5 weeks. I am using a rented symphony and have a great supply. I have already been freezing a bit of milk. I spoke to my LC and she thinks the freestyle might not work well for exclusively pumping. Any thoughts? I don't want to decrease my supply, but at the same time it would be nice not to have to lug around the big pump I am using. TIA
    I use the PISA to EP and it orks great...I would think the freestyle would be the same. HTH!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

I purchased the freestyle pump 2 months ago. i have been pumping to help with milk supply and to give bottles of ebm on occasion. my lo is staring daycare tomorrow and i will be transitioning back to work so i will be pumping a lot more frequently.

i definitely like this pump. the built in pump timer is handy. i try to pump 15-20 minutes per session. i have a great milk supply and can pump most of my milk within 10 minutes, but continue longer for extra let-downs and to make sure i "empty" my breasts well. i am not too crazy about the hands-free kit that makes this pump "wearable". i have large breasts and cant get the kit to feel comfortable so i just hold the bottle/flanges instead. i did drop the pump on the floor (fell off kitchen counter top) and it started making weird noises. i contacted medela and pump was replaced without a problem.

i have also used the medela symphony and classic pumps and definitely prefer the hospital-grade rental pump because i do not feel that the suction strength is enough when using the freestyle pump.

is the pisa similar to the freestyle? as a side note - how would the freestyle pump compare to the avent isis duo?