Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Medela Freestyle Breastpump?

Default Re: Medela Freestyle Breastpump?

Quote Originally Posted by Beth*J View Post
    Maybe she charges shipping for outside the continental U.S. It's still a good price though.
    I asked for shipping to California (to my friend) and the email says "$5 ground shipping within the continental US".

Oh well, I guess $5 isn't much anyway compared to other merchants' prices.
    MommyOnTop
    Mom to Issen (11.02.06) and Kobe (04.10.08)

Quote Originally Posted by mommyontop View Post
    I asked for shipping to California (to my friend) and the email says "$5 ground shipping within the continental US".

Oh well, I guess $5 isn't much anyway compared to other merchants' prices.
    I still think $290 total with shipping is a GREAT price. A lot chaper than what most places are selling it for. You can always think of it this way, because you are ordering from an IBCLC you're supporting breastfeeding and not just some big store chain!

I'm loving this thread! It's great to hear everyone's experience with this pump. Still waiting to get mine, but hopefully soon!

After my initial mishaps with the pump, it really is working well for me. I realized that I am using a bigger flange for my Symphony, so I was getting some discomfort when using the one that came with the Freestyle. I switched to use the ones I've been using with the Symphony and it helped a lot. I also needed to switch to the large sized straps for the hands-free set up. That's funny to me since I've never been particularly large in the chest area. It's so much more comfortable now though. I used it in the car on the way home from the Pediatrician yesterday (my husband was driving) and it was so great not to have to lug the huge Symphony and have to deal with that. Also, someone asked about the noise. I can hear it pumping when I wear it on my belt, but in the car yesterday, I had it sitting on my lap and I couldn't hear it at all. The radio was on low, but there wasn't any other noise besides regular car travel sounds. I actually got a little more volume than usual when pumping with it yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth*J View Post
    After my initial mishaps with the pump, it really is working well for me. I realized that I am using a bigger flange for my Symphony, so I was getting some discomfort when using the one that came with the Freestyle. I switched to use the ones I've been using with the Symphony and it helped a lot. I also needed to switch to the large sized straps for the hands-free set up. That's funny to me since I've never been particularly large in the chest area. It's so much more comfortable now though. I used it in the car on the way home from the Pediatrician yesterday (my husband was driving) and it was so great not to have to lug the huge Symphony and have to deal with that. Also, someone asked about the noise. I can hear it pumping when I wear it on my belt, but in the car yesterday, I had it sitting on my lap and I couldn't hear it at all. The radio was on low, but there wasn't any other noise besides regular car travel sounds. I actually got a little more volume than usual when pumping with it yesterday afternoon.
    Sounds great! Glad to hear!

Well we finally got our tax refund and I ordered my Freestyle this morning, it should be here next week! I'll keep you all posted and let you know how it does!

hi..i'm new here..
    need to ask if anyone here has tried both medela swing n medela freestyle?
    does freestyle as quiet n powerful as swing?

Question Re: Medela Freestyle Breastpump?

I was just looking for an update on how the freestyle is working for those that have and are using one.
    I am still trying to decide if I should purchase one. I am 7 weeks pp and have been exclusively pumping for about 5 weeks. I am using a rented symphony and have a great supply. I have already been freezing a bit of milk. I spoke to my LC and she thinks the freestyle might not work well for exclusively pumping. Any thoughts? I don't want to decrease my supply, but at the same time it would be nice not to have to lug around the big pump I am using. TIA

Why doesn't the LC think it will work for exclusive pumping? The LC I talked to said the Medela rep told her that it is just a heavy-duty as the PISA. Lots of people use that one to EP.

I still like my Freestyle a lot. I don't use it all the time though. I use my rented Symphony most of the time at home, just because it's all set up next to my computer and that when I get my surfin' time. I use the Freestyle when I'm out and about. Thanks to the Freestyle, I got to be gone for 6 hours yesterday to go shopping for an outfit for baptism. Woo hoo! I do think the Freestyle would keep up with me if I used it all the time though.

HH13~ Did you get yours yet? How do you like it?

My LC I guess, thinks I won’t produce enough milk using it. I am not sure why I have not had any supply issues. I am pumping more milk then my lo needs now. She just seemed pretty negative about the whole thing and it kind of bummed me out.. That’s why I was hoping for some feedback from the mommies actually using it.

I get the same amount from the Freestyle that I get from the Symphony.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up, I forgot to post! I did get my Freestyle and I it!!! OMG just as good as my PISA and now I do dishes, laundry and move all over the place when I pump! Basically, I now am able to do more to take care of my LO and the house which is a great feeling! I'm getting more comfortable moving around with it and hoping to set more of a schedule so I can pump every hour when I'm at home. I really want to up my supply!

blawndi, six months ago when I wanted to switch from the hospital's Symphony to a PISA my LC basically said that honestly she couldn't tell me for sure either way, that I'd have to try it and see. I know it's taking a risk, and for some a hospital grade is the only way to go, but I know there are a lot of mamas on here that have had success EPing with a PISA. The Freestyle is basically on the same level as the PISA so I don't see how it is any different. Maybe you could start a poll to find out about how many EPing mamas use hospital grade vs daily use double pumps. I know for me when I switched the PISA in many ways I was doing better because I had more freedom to easily pump out of the house, which allowed me to pump more. HTH and good luck!!!