Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I stop him from reverse cycling? Will I have to quit BFing??!!! Help!! (LONG)

Default Re: Can I stop him from reverse cycling? Will I have to quit BFing??!!! Help!! (LON

Thanks ladies for your input. My son is 7 months old. I do realize that being a mom means I don't get what I want..but I am just really concerned about keeping my job since I am the breadwinner in the family. If I get fired because I am sleeping at my desk every day...we are in big trouble.

Dakiara...I am doing several feedings like you before bedtime..and he does get a bath everynight for the sake of routine (not soap every night...at least warm water though). He goes to sleep very easily. My guy has also only fed from one boob at a time. And I too block feed at night since he's waking so frequently.

I *think* I have decided to cosleep again. I know cosleeping and reverse cycling works well for some of you, but I am not doing well with waking so frequently. I cannot sleep while he's feeding. However it is slightly better than a crying baby in another room. So I guess I will just have to suck it up and hope I don't get canned before he turns one...

Default Re: Can I stop him from reverse cycling? Will I have to quit BFing??!!! Help!! (LON

Amanda,
    My son is 5 months old and eating every 2 hrs at night. For the last 3 days has been napping for only 1/2-1 hr from his 11/2-2 hrs naps. I have no answers but you are not the only one.
    PS He held out on the bottle for three 15 hr work days and now takes it like a pro. We tried for 1 mo before I went back to work. So they really wont starve themselves.
    PS We cosleep as well and are going to try to get him in his own crib because I am also the breadwinner and can't go on like this
    Last edited by never2old; February 4th, 2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: further info

Aww mama

Look, put that baby back in the bed with you! He misses his mama during the day so he is making up for it at night. Bottle feeding will only cause less sleep!