Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Legal Help! FLMA?

Default Re: Need Legal Help! FLMA?

If you can get a recommendation for a good employment lawyer who deals with gender discrimination -- the first consultations are typically free and that lawyer may be able to provide you with good info. and options for you. Either way be prepared EEOC by yourself or EEOC + laywer are not quick processes so this may not be resolved for a few years - yes years. Maybe worth it, maybe not, all depends on the situation and how far you are willing to go.

lots of hugs to you! I can't imagine how hard it must be!

A similar thing happened to my SIL. She was on ML and her immediate boss called her the Friday before she was going back to work and asked her if she was coming in on Monday. She said yes and he said MAKE SURE YOU COME IN ON MONDAY. She thought that was weird, but he was really being nice because they had an "efficiency consultant" come in while she was on ML and they decided that since they could do her job without her while she was on ML then they didn't need her position anymore ! So, by going in on that Monday she was signaling that she intended to come back to work and they paid her 4 weeks (I think) severance. If she hadn't shown up that day she would have been out of luck. It sucks to be a mom and work. I am the breadwinner and insurance provider in our house while DH goes to school so I know what it feels like to have a lot of weight on your shoulders! Good luck and keep us posted!!!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

any updates here?