Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't want to start solids...

Default Re: I don't want to start solids...

We started at 7 months since we were certainly going to wait till 6 months and 7 seemed a-a bit funkier b-that's when my mother had me start.

Truth is, LO tried to grab food at around 4-5 months. She also tried to "eat" plastic bags and newspaper at that time so I figured her judgement was unreliable

You most certainly have the right to wait with a 4 month old baby. Sort of sad that your ped doesn't know WHO and APA recommendations.

-Reena
    due Mid-March
    Sarah's daughter z"l - Rich's wife b"l - Sarit's (27 March 2007) mother am"v
    Self Proclaimed Baby Wearing Fanatic
    ing our cloth diapers

Thanks everyone! I'm going to wait until she shows some "signs" of wanting to try solids or when she hits 6 months. (whichever comes first)

Thank you again!
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

That's a good idea Sherri, I would wait too! Don't be in any kind of hurry to start solids. We didn't get serious with the solids until 8-9 months. Good luck when it's time!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

I haven't read the replies but it sounds totally normal to me. I would encourage you to wait till at least 6 months as well, if only for the "virgin gut" reason.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

I'm surprised that your ped would recommend doing that. Both mine have always been in the 50th % but our doctor still encourages waiting until they turn 6 months.

I'd say do what you think is best for your little one but know that it's not necessary to start solids right now.

Maybe you could add a few nursing sessions in to help with the calories?
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!