Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerned! Breastfeeding exclusively, 7 weeks postpartum and starting menstrating

Default Re: Concerned! Breastfeeding exclusively, 7 weeks postpartum and starting menstrating

I thought I had my period back when my LO was 6 weeks, since I had stopped bleeding at 5 weeks PP. I got 4 days more of bleeding at 6 weeks, then it was gone. Then it returned at 9 weeks. I didn't understand why (I was only nursing, so I thought it would be longer) but I assumed it was it. But, then I NEVER got another period of any sort until 11 months PP, when regular cycles returned.

I was reading somewhere once that the changes in hormones up to a certain number of days can cause bleeding and its not a period. But I don't remember what it was called or where I read that.

Anyways, some women obviously do get their period back, but you can of course still nurse like others said! But it might not be your period. Time will tell.
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

Default Re: Concerned! Breastfeeding exclusively, 7 weeks postpartum and starting menstrating

I bet it is pp bleeding! Mine stopped and started with both vag. and c-sec. delvs. But if not,......that sucks!

After my first was born, I got a period at 6 weeks and never missed a month. I was SOOOO disappointed! With the twins, I thought, two babies, nursing every 3-4 hours around the clock, ought to keep it at bay, and it did, but only for 6 months!
    I've had friends that don't get their cycle back until a few months after their babies wean! I'm so jealous!
    Mommie to big sister Eszter, and twinnies Sophia and Josiah

My period returned at 7 weeks post partum, even though I was feeding every 1-2 hrs day and night. Since then (20 months later) I've had periods every 5-8 weeks, some months I can notice my milk supply is lower for a few days before my period, but I never noticed that in the first year.