Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: one used to seem so old...

Default one used to seem so old...

It's so funny how when I was pregnant or had just given birth I thought that breastfeeding until he was a year old would be hard. HA! I can't even imagine stopping. My son would have a complete meltdown and be depressed for months. When you have a newborn, ONE seems so OLD, but he's still a baby. Every stage is great (newborn nursing helps you get a lot of reading done...), but he gets so happy about nursing now, esp in the morning. After he's had his fill, he'll get this big grin on his face, and kind of clap my breast, and dive in for a little more (and I mean DIVE). He's so cute.

Default Re: one used to seem so old...

I used to think Id do it a month,maybe six. But I feel you. D is nine months and has no signs of slowing down. I too used to think one was old, but now I feel like its just a number. Congrats on continuing!I know what you mean though about that dive..lol..
    D smacks me with his head several times before he goes in.Its funny, because i recently learned from a five year old that baby cows do that too

congrats to making it this far and enjoying your nursing relationship!
    Cloth Diapering & Family, SAHMomma to Joel (5/04) and & to Hannah (6/06) and devoted wife to Joel

Right there with you!!
    I made it to my original goal of exclusively nursing for one year. Now that we are there, we aren't even close to being done!
    Where did the year go?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

You don't realize until you have a one year old that one is still a baby and they really still it! Did you know that the milk changes after the year point and become MORE concentrated with antibodies because that is when they naturally are more mobile and begin to have more concentrated contact with other children?
    Congratulation on making it this far! May the journey continue!

Way too lazy for formula

ANd here I thought I knew everything there was to know...You learn something new every day. Thanks, mama.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    You don't realize until you have a one year old that one is still a baby and they really still it! Did you know that the milk changes after the year point and become MORE concentrated with antibodies because that is when they naturally are more mobile and begin to have more concentrated contact with other children?
    Congratulation on making it this far! May the journey continue!

I agree. My DD is now 16 months old and I can't imagine giving up nursing. It's our time of day to tune out everything and just be close. She would be really sad if we quit. She's just recently started doing "zerberts" while we're nursing. That's the signal that nursing time is over! (till the next time she asks.