Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question about milk supply.

Default question about milk supply.

About 2 months ago, my DS got thrush at 7 months old. Since then, it seems like my milk supply hasn't been the greatest. I question it only because I am not full like I was prior to this inocedent. Does anyone know when the body stops storing milk and only makes it when the baby nurses? or am I very off by that happening all together?
    and momma to BP, 15 months old.

MoMmY316 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: question about milk supply.

the more you put ur baby to nurse the more you make, are you drinking lots of water? how often are you nursing? and did u get the thrush taken care of? kellymom.com has some great stuff to help also

Hi,

I'm so sorry you and your LO had to deal with thrush. That is no fun! I'm hoping you are both doing better now.

As to the concerns you have about your milk supply, I am wondering if your baby is still having plenty of diaper output, and is otherwise healthy and gaining well. Many mothers find that, over time, they stop feeling "full" all the time. This usually has more to do with post partum hormones evening out, and is not normally an indicator that your milk supply has decreased.

Remember, breastfeeding works on the principle of supply and demand. The more baby nurses, the more milk you will make. The best way to increase your milk supply is to nurse baby more often.

Hang in there!

Tiana

Take healthy food with good vitamins that are useful to you to produce more milk.