Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What kind?

Question What kind?

What kind of toast do u give ur little ones? My lo is 10 mos. Is it ok to give toast to her?

Default Re: What kind?

Wheat can be an allergen. We sound that my son was sensitive to it at first. So we offered Brown Rice Bread that we bought at the healthfood store.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

We give our lo whole wheat bread. I always look at the ingredients and if it says "whole wheat flour" as the first one, I buy it. If it says "enriched wheat flour" I don't buy it.

I just lightly toast it so it's a bit crispy but still soft inside and give her half a piece. She's been getting toast since about 7 or 8 months, I think.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I only give Ezekiel or Alvarado St. sprouted grain breads to LO. Toast is constipating, and DD has a problem with that. So I have to watch for signs of it, keep the bread to a minimum, and try to pair it with some fat or protein to keep her from getting stopped up (ie butter, almond butter, coconut or olive oil, etc).

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.