Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What to feed him after being sick.....

Default What to feed him after being sick.....

My 14 month old threw up during the night for the first time. Lovely.
    Not sure what the problem was either. Maybe a bug? Maybe something he ate? (I didn't feed him anything new) Anyway-
    He "seems" to be doing better today. (knock on wood) I breastfed him this AM and before his nap. He had some toast this morning too. What should I give him for lunch? He loves his solids and I don't think that only breastmilk will cut it for him - not to mention that I'm slowly trying to wean him.
    Do I give him toast again? I've tried soup in the past, but he usually doesn't eat it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Default Re: What to feed him after being sick.....

It's no fun when they're sick... Breastmilk is the best food for him! And starting with bland foods is a good idea. You could try the BRAT diet, often recommended when kids are sick- vomiting or diarrhea. This diet consists of bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. You're on your way with the toast! Good luck to you... I hope he feels better soon!
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: What to feed him after being sick.....

As the PP said, the BRAT diet was recommended to us by the after hours nurse we called when DD got sick. It took awhile for her to really eat anything, but be sure to watch their liquid intake. DD was dehydrated for a day or so because of it.