Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When to introduce frutis and veggies

Default When to introduce frutis and veggies

My daughter has been on rice/oatmeal cereal now for 2 weeks. She is not quite 6 months so I was wondering if I should wait a bit longer before doing fruits and veggies or would it be ok to start now?
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

Default Re: When to introduce frutis and veggies

my daughter just started solids and I am going slow!! (She is 2 weeks shy of 6 months!) We do three-four days of one veggie at a time - once a day! Then after we have tried a good amount (5-6 types) we then will do the same with the fruits! We have done peas, squash, green beans and next will be sweet potatoes!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

We did rice/oatmeal for a month and a half before I started anything else and then started introducing only one new food a week. It is such a slow process, but your baby's stomach will thank you in the long run!

Ok so we started with avocado last night and she really seemed to like it. Should I just do the avocado or should I do cereal at another point in the day?

With Elijah I waited until he was 6 months exactly but with her I want to make sure she doesn't replace BM with food.
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!