Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: human milk fortifier

Default Re: human milk fortifier

ahhh i see. they just had me put stuff in his milk. as far as i know it's just added calories. maybe the OP could ask about that instead of neosure if she has a problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by piratetink824 View Post
    My son was born at 30 weeks. He had my milk mixed with HMF. It's not actually formula. Just a little packet they add to your milk. He now eats directly from the breast after 3 long weeks of trying to get him to!! So hang in there...he will be able to do it. And congrats. I'd love to talk to you seeing as I was in this exact same boat 7 weeks ago!! My little guy just came home
    thats the thing tho...it is formula. its made from cows proteins and i was really trying to avoid it.

they have explained to me over and over again why they want to do it, then i go on the internet and research and read totally conflicting things.

i consented to it today, id been seperating my milk into fore and hind milk and doing only hind milk feeds for 4 days, and we are still only 2 oz over birth weight at 2 weeks old.

i just want him home.

Quote Originally Posted by piratetink824 View Post
    My son was born at 30 weeks. He had my milk mixed with HMF. It's not actually formula. Just a little packet they add to your milk. He now eats directly from the breast after 3 long weeks of trying to get him to!! So hang in there...he will be able to do it. And congrats. I'd love to talk to you seeing as I was in this exact same boat 7 weeks ago!! My little guy just came home
    funny...my little guy weighed the same as yours.

i hope to be home way before 7 weeks, my last was born at 31 weeks and we only stayed 5 weeks...im hopefull for the same outcome!

anderson is 2 weeks tomorrow and actually is already doing a few non nutritive bfs through the day...he is really a good nurser...and get quite a bit of milk out...

he is a born boob man!

I'm glad hes nursing some at the breast thats wonderfull....
    Maybe if you called you local leader she could get you more info.
    Or would know a doctor thats aroudn the icu that could help.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by indysteffanie View Post
    anderson is 2 weeks tomorrow and actually is already doing a few non nutritive bfs through the day...he is really a good nurser...and get quite a bit of milk out...

he is a born boob man!

Terrific! And if he's getting "quite a bit of milk out," we call that nutritive suckling where I work! Don't be surprised if he has his ups and downs, you both are doing really well together! Keep us posted!