Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tanning Bed?

Default Tanning Bed?

I would like to say I'm happy I found this message board a few days ago. Is the tanning bed safe while bf? Will it affect my milk production? I know it's not good for the skin but I'm hoping it might help my psoriasis on my arms.
    Thanks Alot
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris

Default Re: Tanning Bed?

yes enter it into search on this board and LLL has info on it. Don't get burned or dehydrated and you know the other risks involved.

We're so glad you're here!

Tanning beds don't compromise your milk in any way, it just affects your skin. Any lotions, creams, or oils used should be removed from the area that baby will touch, though, as the safety of most of these products on baby's sensitive skin isn't known.

The only other complication to tanning is finding a way to keep baby entertained while you do it, it's not like it's something you can just hop up and chase after him!
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

I think it would be fine. It's just UV light, right? The only suggestion I have is to make sure you cover your breasts- you don't want to take a chance with getting sunburned nipples! Hope your psoriasis gets better.

Here's a link that might be helpful to you

Is the psoriasis uncomfortable?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

i go to a bed w/ both uva and uvb lights it works best.