James can't digest sugars proven by a stool test-normal was 0, his was over 200. A test done after very slow growth (extremely slow growth). The dr thought that a dairy protien allergy is causing damage to his colon that is resulting in malabsorption/disaccharidase defciancy. This theory of allergy is based off of green mousousy stools with occasional blood while exclusively bfing. So I was takenm off of dairy products. James is 11 months old and taking lots of solids now so his stools are now shiney and soft with only some mousus, and only one bloody stool since I went off of milk.
The question is, last week James was crawling around with his 1 year old cousin while us women watched a wedding video. When I looked over, James was gulping down Joseph's whole milk. Now James had no reaction in 3 days since-no diarreah, no bloody stools, no hives, nothing. If James is infact sooooooooo allergic to cows milk protiens that he would severly react to cows milk protiens coming through my milk, then shouldn't he have had a very bad reaction to guzzling a 1/2 oz too 1 oz of whole milk straight? Or some reaction?
James's brother IS allergic to cows milk and even the slightest minute amount causes a reaction, he also can't digest some sugars and is off of dairy and still has malabsorption issues from this disaccharidase defciancy (one that encompasses several sugars not just lactose) even without eating dairy.