Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Vomiting toddler

Default Vomiting toddler

My daughter just threw-up last night for the first time. She threw up a few times, but seems to be all better this morning--gleefully playing with the dog as I write! My husband has had a funny stomach flu the last 2 days, but his symptoms seem a bit more, where she has has maybe 1-2 extra bowel movements and now the throw up. Now I feel a bit queasy--but it might just be the fatigue! I called our doctor at night and got the nurse who said she thought our little one´s stomach might be eliminating the excess food she ate (she ate quite a bit yesterday). So, not quite sure what it is. We were also away from her for the afternoon for the first time, but she was completely fine with the sitter, who she knows well. Anyway...just breastmilk for a while to give her stomach a break? Foods to avoid? Should I keep her home from church this morning? Just a tired mom looking for some friendly feedback.

Default Re: Vomiting toddler

The pedi always reccomended bland, starchy foods (crackers, potatoes, rice) when dd is sick w/ stomach virus. I would stay home-sometimes it looks like it has passed and then starts back up again!

I hope your dd feels better soon!
    Breastmilk is great because it is so quickly and easily digested. And nursing can be such a great comfort.

Mary

I agree with PPs, BM and starchy foods. And stay home with your child until she haven't throw-up or have any signs of diarrhea for at least 24 hrs. Avoid anything heavy and greasy foods for a few days.

nurse nurse nurse and the brat diet, bananasa, rice applesauce and toast those are key foods for your little one if she wants to eat. settles the tummy and is very bland.

thanks everyone for the helpful input!
    Grace