Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stomach Bug

Unhappy Stomach Bug

My daughter is almost four months old. She has been vomiting a lot for the last 12 hours. My husband had a stomach bug and she seems to have caught it. I have heard that you do not need to go to the doc unless she seems dehydrated. She is still bf'ing and a couple of times she hasnt vomited. She doesnt show any signs of dehydration. Should I just keep trying to feed her when she acts hungry? She still smiles and seems okay. She gets really tired after vomiting and naps.

Default Re: Stomach Bug

Poor thing. I would keep nursing as often as possible. It really is best for her system and easiest/mildest for her to throw up.

Hopefully it passes through her system fast.

Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Such valid concerns Here is a link to a resource that may help you out/ease your mind
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks for the help. She is still gettting sick but not as much and I think feeding her often is helping. I am always a little stressed because I live in India and they give very strange advice so I feel better getting advice here. They said I must have given the baby the sickness because of the food I am eating... I tried to remind them that my husband had the same sickness and that germs can cause illnesses. Either way, thanks for your support. I just keep cuddling her and praying it will go away quickly.

to you mamma. Sorry you are going through this. When my little boy was sick with gastro he only wanted MM, so I bf as often as he wanted and he got better over 3 - 4 days. I would say you are doing everything right and to keep BF whenever she wants it. Hope she feels better soon.