Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ? for those who have or had thrush

Default ? for those who have or had thrush

I am curious how long does or should it take to get some relief from the thrush symptoms. I really can't take the burning and shooting pains. I have been using APNO since Friday and my 1 mo son is using Nystatin. I am starting to think my whole body is over run with yeast because I feel like I have a vaginal yeast infection now too. Ugh!!! Time to ask for Diflucan? Thanks!

Default Re: ? for those who have or had thrush

i used liquid nystatin for my son and myself (i put it on my nipples and allowed to air dry 2x a day) the relief was within an hour. maybe you can give that a try??
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

It could take a few days for the symptoms to lessen and a week to be symptom-free. I would call the nurse at the OB's office and see about getting the Diflucan. It may kill both of those darn birds! (Can't hurt, might help.) Bless your heart!!!!!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

I had it on my breasts too, very painful. My doctor gave me diflucan & I used monistat on my nipples too. I had to wash it off before feeding him. It took about a week for the pain to get better. Hang in there, you can do it.
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris

I used Diflucan and it was better in a couple days. Hang in there!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I just finished 21 days of Diflucan (200mg. / day) while my son was on Nystatin liquid. I STILL have pain in my right breast, leading me to wonder if it was yeast at all. It's hard to diagnose. The Diflucan did help, and I would say go for it, especially if you also have a vaginal infection. I had used gentian violet before, and symptomatically, it helped with the first use. When I used Nystatin cream for myself, it helped at first, then it didn't. Good Luck to you!

My doctor gave me everything to try including Dyflucan and nothing worked! Finally I tried grapefruit seed extract pills three times a day (my doctor told me to) and it is the only thing that finally worked! Amazing stuff. The reason Nystatin doesn't work often is because it has sugar in it which feeds the yeast...

Don't forget to boil any bottle nipples/pacifiers AND wash your bra/reusable nursing pads on hot with bleach or vinegar to kill the yeast in them as well. You can also put a little vinegar in the boilinng water to help kill it too!

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Kellymom is a wonderful resource for thrush.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...tml#treatments
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin