Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blood in stool! Please read

Default blood in stool! Please read

does anyone know anything about blood in the stool. I have an ten month old who was sick with what seemed to be a virus last week. He was on amoxocillin for five days, then had what we think was an allergic reaction to it and broke out in a rash. He is clearing up totally as far as the sickness but tonight we found blood and mucous in his stool. I called the doc and he said to bring him in in the morning but now I am freaking out, does anyone have any advice?

Mirembe

Default Re: blood in stool! Please read

my DD had blood in her stool tonight too. We go in the morning. I'm hoping it's just an anal fissure (tear) and nothing serious. Good Luck!!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: blood in stool! Please read

Quote Originally Posted by mirembe View Post
    does anyone know anything about blood in the stool. I have an ten month old who was sick with what seemed to be a virus last week. He was on amoxocillin for five days, then had what we think was an allergic reaction to it and broke out in a rash. He is clearing up totally as far as the sickness but tonight we found blood and mucous in his stool. I called the doc and he said to bring him in in the morning but now I am freaking out, does anyone have any advice?

Mirembe
    If you can, it may be helpful to bring a fresh sample with you to the dr.'s office.

It could be one of two things: allergy or infection. What does the rest of the poop look like? Loose/Diarrhea?

You must be worried. I'm sorry. It will feel okay once you have some answers.

I was surprised to read that amox. was prescribed for a virus. Was there a secondary infection b/c of the rash or something else?
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!