Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm completely lost!

Default I'm completely lost!

I have a 4 month old son and he has exczema all over his face. He also has had blood in his stool a couple times so I eliminated all diary from my diet. The blood has gotten better since i did that, but the exczema seems to be getting worse. I dont think its something in my house because its not everywhere. Could my breastmilk be giving my son an allergic reaction?

Default Re: I'm completely lost!

I think that winter can cause eczema flare ups because of the dry, cold. Has he had the skin problems from birth? Have you eliminated all dairy, even hidden dairy?

Sometimes babies with dairy allergies are also sensitive to soy and eggs.

There is an Allergy forum here and the Mamas are so knowlegeable!

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

No not since birth, since about 2 months. I changed my prenatal vitamin... What is hidden dairy?

Hidden Dairy

I wish I had more info for you, but I am confident that the ladies down in the Allergy forum can help you!

Allergies & The Breastfeeding Family
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Nope - your baby can't be allergic to your milk, but definitely can be reacting to something in it from something you're ingesting . Do you eat eggs often?

Take a visit to the allergy forums and check out other threads that talk about eczema.

As lyn asked, has it been cold? How often do you bath him? Did he get a change of soap around the time it started?

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I think my baby has excema on his face too. His doctor said that it's just dry skin. He gave me steroid creme for it but I'm scared to use it on him. It flares up really bad at times. He's been on prednosone for 8 days for rsv & his face has been completely clear. I think for the time being it has helped his skin too.
    Jennifer, 1st time mom to Noah. Born August 27,07 by c-section after 12 hours of labor.

Check out my website
    www.myspagirlparties.com/jennifermorris

I went to an allergist today for my son. It turns out he is allergic to cats (we have two) dogs milk and eggs! He also said not to use any steriod cream such as hydrocortisone on his face because it thins the skin.