Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So it seems most of the first foods are potential poop stoppers...

Default Re: So it seems most of the first foods are potential poop stoppers...

Quote Originally Posted by marymud View Post
    A little prunes or coconut milk work great to keep your LO going.

Coconut milk! Yes! Perfect!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

We always keep a pkg of organic prune puree on hand just in case, and if our LO is eating lots of food that will delay a BM we sneak a little bit of prunes in between, so it'll be: bananas, prunes, cheese. Or something like that. (but my LO is almost 1 year old so he's pretty much eating everything in sight and will rarely let anything puree'd in his mouth.)
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by elagantabyss View Post
    It has been my experience that plan old baby apple sauce or a regular apple puree'd.
    I make all of my own pureés, except for apples-I just buy a big jar from the grown-up section of all-natural, no sugar added applesauce. It's just as healthy and delicious as homemade (which I understand is a more difficult pureé to make at home b/c you have to peel the apples), and much more cost effective than baby applesauce. My ds loves it mixed with avocados...well, just about anything really. I think he likes the texture.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    Coconut milk! Yes! Perfect!
    At what age can babies try coconut? Sounds yummy!!! Is it a natural laxative?

...and BTW, I read the fibermenace.com site. It has a wealth of info in it. Thanks for sending that along. My mom's side of the family has bad problems with colon health and much of what I read sounded culpable. Since my ds has their heredity, I think being armed with this info can only help.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Glad you found some of it helpful! There are no age restrictions on trying coconut, as far as I know. The oil/fat in it is a good "lubricant" and it has lots of good nutrients that keep electrolytes in balance. Good luck!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.