Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!!

Post Help!!!

I don't know where to post this. I am a mom of three and am new at breast feeding I tried and quit with my first two kids but am still bf my lo who is now almost 3 months So I don't know the answer to this.
    My question is I am going to help a new mom on Monday who's lo is I think 6 weeks. She is really struggling and breaking down because she is so tired, the baby isn't sleeping and she said the baby is spitting up a ton. She is pumping because she....I don't know. I think she couldn't do it she said, I will soon find out. Can she re-introduce the breast to the baby if she wants???
    Thanks for the support and any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Help!!!

She can indeed. Nice of you to be willingto help her - it should be comforting to know you're there for her

Can you call to find a local LLL leader that can call her up and offer advice as well?

Here's
    a llink that may have some info to start with!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Gosh thanks, I think there are a few issues they are having and I will look at that site for ideas. I don't know how to find her someone to help with that do you know? Maybe call the number I guess. I will refer her to this site so she has some support and help her find La Leche Group that is close to her home that meets every few weeks.
    Thanks again!!!!

Yes, in my signature there is a link you can use to find a leader most local to you. The number is a good resource as well, but if theres a leader in your general area you might be able to get her to a meeting and get help too!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

She can start up again with BFing. Some moms will disagree with what I'm going to suggest, but if she really cannot get the baby to latch on, she may want to try a nipple shield. I used one for a couple weeks with my son due to latch issues, and I slowly weaned him from it after a couple weeks. We are at 11 months and still BFing.

I would recommend calling the local hospital (maybe where her baby was born) and speak to a lactation consultant. She could set up an appointment to go in and get help from someone. Also look at this website. You should be able to find where she lives (or the closest place that has a LLL), and then call the person who is listed.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!!! Wish us luck!