Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time mom, day 6, milk not coming in...help!

Default Re: First time mom, day 6, milk not coming in...help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo's Mommy View Post
    What is the supplemental nurser?? Never heard of that. Sounds interesting.
    This might help you
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

OP, any updates?
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Red face Re: First time mom, day 6, milk not coming in...help!

Hi all,
    Sorry for the break in communication, I've had a trying week. The appt with the LC went well, I left feeling hopeful. She gave me lots of advice including feeding the baby, then pumping to ensure that both breasts were empty, and also to try Fenugreek. Unfortunately though after a week, I really haven't noticed any significant improvement. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I am really frustrated. I've been taking the Fenugreek capsules (3 a day, 610mg, 3x a day) for three days so far. I am so sick of my breast pump, that if I never see it again I'd be fine with that. Baby IS getting some breast milk, so something is defintely better than nothing, but I just wish I could be exclusive. I'm not giving up completely on the boobs, I just nurse him first then "top him off" if he's still hungry, which is usually the case. I guess it could be worse, I could be making nothing at all.
    Thanks again for all the support, goodness knows I need it!

Are you feeding on demand? The reason I ask is because at first I couldn't get anything out when I pump and my son wanted to eat every 30 minutes. I thought all the time that I wasn't making enough milk.

Sounds to me like you are doing great...Keep it up
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!