Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Talk to me, LLLAdies

Default Talk to me, LLLAdies

Michael is almost 14 months and is still nursing, about 3 times per day and maybe once at night. Basically, I nurse him when I am around, when he wants it and I have stopped pumping. He drinks regular milk during the day and nurses when I come home and before bed. Does this sound right to all of you mommas who nursed beyond a year? Michael only drinks from a cup (with and without a straw) and on tap.. he stopped drinking from a bottle when he was 10 months ( he refuses bottles).. Sometimes he nurses without any substantial amount of milk coming out.
    I also allow him to nurse throughout the night, whenever he wants it.... So is this familiar to you?

Thanks Lori

PS.. I want to continue to nurse, just want to make sure I am doing ti correcty... back to studying!!
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Default Re: Talk to me, LLLAdies

Daniel is almost 14 months too. He nurses about 3-5 times a day. Always nurses down for a nap. Always nurses down for bed. And nurses anywhere from 4-10 times a night.

Sometimes this changes with teething, sickness, traveling,etc.

I truly don't believe there is a "normal" nursing pattern for toddlers.

ETA He does drink water from a straw cup, and has one smoothie a day. He eats 2 big meals a day plus about 4 snacks. I'm pregnant, so never sure how much milk hes getting.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Default Re: Talk to me, LLLAdies

If you are happy and baby is happy then you are doing it correctly!

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here