Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Uneven supply / breast size

Default Uneven supply / breast size

I've been breastfeeding for four months now, and I just noticed (courtesy of a 3-way mirror) that my breast are very uneven in size - one is like an A or small B and the other is a solid C. I've also noticed from pumping that the larger breast puts out more milk.

My baby is getting enough milk, and I always alternate which breast he starts on at each feeding. Are there any ways I can get my breasts to even out?

Default Re: Uneven supply / breast size

If you would like to increase supply in one breast the way to do so is to nurse more!

This is not a problem unless it bothers you (which I can understand!)

Default Re: Uneven supply / breast size

I have this problem too - lasted througout breast feeding my first son (nursed for 10 1/2 months) and is happening again with my second. I was concerned with my first son - but there is absolutely nothing I have tried that will fix it. I have tried pumping just with that one side...feeding him on that side first...all that. He actually eats off of the lower supply side first at all feedings, in hope that the supply will increase on that side - no luck at 3 1/2 months!!

Don't worry if it doesn't change...my breasts are two different sizes too - but not as noticable.

Good luck!!