Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Need ideas for 10-month-old

  1. #11
    Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    i do enough water to cover it, so it doesn't dry out.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    If your baby has shown no signs of allergies by now, he should be fine. At DS's 9 month appt. his doctor gave us the go ahead with all foods except honey, egg whites, fish, chocolate, peanuts, peanut butter. He's 11 months now, and I no longer wait 4-5 days.

    He eats what we eat. I just make sure to cut the food up into smaller pieces.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    About apples - I just discovered those steamer bags in the grocery store, and microwaved an apple in it for about 2 minutes - voila! Instant soft, hot (gotta let it cool), sweet apple to cut up...my 11-month-old loves it. It's like applesauce without having to spoon feed it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by MilMom View Post
    About apples - I just discovered those steamer bags in the grocery store, and microwaved an apple in it for about 2 minutes - voila! Instant soft, hot (gotta let it cool), sweet apple to cut up...my 11-month-old loves it. It's like applesauce without having to spoon feed it.
    What a GREAT idea!!!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas's Mum View Post
    Please help! I have a10-month-old (as of today ) who is doing mostly BLS with great success. He eats a wide variety of foods and has no allergies. Here are some of the things he eats--I'm bored with the same old things and need some new ideas.

    turkey
    chicken
    plain whole-milk yogurt
    blueberries
    banana
    avocado
    apple
    pear
    oatmeal (regular)
    toast with cheese or olive oil spread
    broccoli
    carrots
    egg yolks

    Any ideas will be appreciated!!
    By 10 months we were doing organic string cheese so I think that's OK...
    Artichokes have always been a huge hit.
    Raw snap peas
    Beans. Pinto beans specifically.
    Rice
    Cereal.
    Toast crust is also fun to dip in yogurt.
    Waffles broken into 4ths are also fun, not that messy and keep them busy at breakfast time

    Way too lazy for formula

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SoFL
    Posts
    6,237

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    By 10 months we were doing organic string cheese so I think that's OK...
    Artichokes have always been a huge hit.
    Raw snap peas
    Beans. Pinto beans specifically.
    Rice
    Cereal.
    Toast crust is also fun to dip in yogurt.
    Waffles broken into 4ths are also fun, not that messy and keep them busy at breakfast time

    how do you prepare artichokes for DJ? i have only ever done them on the grill. also, do you scrape off the meat for him or does he do it himself?
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen777 View Post
    how do you prepare artichokes for DJ? i have only ever done them on the grill. also, do you scrape off the meat for him or does he do it himself?
    We steam them and he eats the meat off the leaves one at a time and throws the leave into a big tin.. and them when they get down to the baby leaves we pull them off the heart and eat an artichoke sandwich.

    Way too lazy for formula

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    I have a question ... what kind of toast do u give ur little one? and i have a suggestion too

    I give my little one (10 mo) cream of wheat which she loves. I put some mashed carrots and peas and some baked chicken and some butter and salt. It is so yummy You can try that.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,421

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    we did cottage cheese, and peaches n' cream oatmeal. he loves buttermilk biscuits too.
    Danielle

    Mom to Gage 12/28/06

    Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

    ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Need ideas for 10-month-old

    Tofu comes packed in water. I just transfer the whole thing with the water into a container. As far as I know it's good for about 2 days once it's opened. (Check the package) I buy the soft/silken kind and cut it up. My DS loves it mixed in with his veggies and as plain finger food. You can serve it straight out of the package.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •