Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ealry pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Question ealry pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I recently suspected i was pregnant and then before doing a test misscarriaged. I'm intro'ing solids to my little girl and while all this was happening i noticed my milk supply went really low, is this a temporary issue due to the pregnancy and now that it is over will it return to normal?

Default Re: ealry pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I'm sorry to hear that you miscarried a pregnancy. I know that can be a hard thing to go through.

Some women find that their milk supply drops during pregnancy. I'm not sure about the precise hormonal stuff that causes that, but if your supply was low b/c of pregnancy, it stands to reason that your supply can come back up after the pregnancy.

Nurse on cue, nurse before giving solids, and if you continue to have low supply then think about reducing the amt of solids you are feeding your baby. Don't hesitate to post again with any questions or concerns.

--Rebecca

Default Re: ealry pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I'm also so sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there!

As for the lower milk supply - I'd second Rebecca. Definitely nurse her before feeding the solids. That way you know she is getting the really good stuff. I'd also nurse her as often as she'll let you to get your supply back up. It can take over a week to really get the milk flowing though, so hang in there. I'm sure that your hormones are also trying to sort themselves out, so just keep at it.

Best of luck!