Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still Strictly BF'ing--Start Solids?

Default Still Strictly BF'ing--Start Solids?

I am still EBF'ing--At what age did you other moms start intoducing solids?
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

Default Re: Still Strictly BF'ing--Start Solids?

Ds started at 5.5 months with baby cereal . . . AAP says to wait until 6 months, some are ready just before then. My lo REALLY wanted it!

i;m still waiting to start solids and ds is 7mths now....EKKK!

At least 6months. We didn't start trying until he could sit up unassisted, could grab things and had broken two teeth. And even then He wasn't really interested until almost the 7month point. But their digestive tracts aren't really ready for solids until at least the 6month point.

Way too lazy for formula

I gave DD cereal for the first time right at 6 months and she was not interested at all. I tried again at 7 mo and it was a little better. I offered it once every week after that and around 8-8 1/2 months she decided she was ready and hasn't stopped eating since!

Right around 6 months for us! Look for the signs of readiness in your child, though. DJ's mom laid them out in her post above.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

We are at a little over 8 mths and just starting Honestly, she is really not interested still! She will pick up a bit of banana and put it in her mouth and then make this horrible face and spit it out So we just keep offering and I assume when SHE is ready she will actually ingest some (instead of the dog eating it).

Gage was about 6.5 months, he was able to sit on his own for like 10 of so minutes and when I put the spoon to his mouth he didn't have the tongue reflux thingy (I really like to stick with technical terms)
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Jack'sMum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

DS was 6.5 months too. We were/are doing BLW so we were waiting for him to sit by himself, which he did at 6 months. But then we all got flu, so we waited until we were all better.

There really is no point in hurrying and IMHO you do more harm starting too early than too late.

At 10 months he's only just starting to eat more than a nibble of solids.

we started solids at about 4.5 months (dont kill me) her dr said to go ahead and start them. she could sit up with assistaince she had doubled her birth wieght her tongue reflex was gone and was interested in what i was eating.

she loves food to eat. and we have had no problems