Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raglan??? Who Uses This??? What about Domperidome???

Default Re: Raglan??? Who Uses This??? What about Domperidome???

Quote Originally Posted by mcpolsinelli View Post
    I would talk to your doctor before starting any prescription. I used fenugreek, mother's milk tea, ate lots of oatmeal and also ended up taking Reglan but I did experience the depression side effect. As a PP said, what makes you think that you need to increase your supply? I started using all of the above after I started back to work and noticed a big drop in my supply. Good luck.
    I wanted to increase my supply to be able to keep up with the next day's feeding as it is I am not able to. I am doing a little better--I cut back his oz's and so far this week I have not had to supplement but I want to have a little extra just in case.
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.

Before going the drug route, you might want to try adding an extra pumping session, if that is possible with your work schedule. It really can help! Alternately, you might want to try "power pumping"- you pump for 10 minutes, rest for 10, pump for 10, rest for 10, and then pump for 10 again for a total of 30 minutes of pumping in one hour. It is supposed to mimic how a baby feeds and builds his mom's supply during a growth spurt.

Oh, and I'm glad you have a good pump!

Quote Originally Posted by Momma1 View Post
    Before going the drug route, you might want to try adding an extra pumping session, if that is possible with your work schedule. It really can help! Alternately, you might want to try "power pumping"- you pump for 10 minutes, rest for 10, pump for 10, rest for 10, and then pump for 10 again for a total of 30 minutes of pumping in one hour. It is supposed to mimic how a baby feeds and builds his mom's supply during a growth spurt.

Oh, and I'm glad you have a good pump!
    I pump at work twice and when I'm home I nurse on demand as well as pump up until 10:00 and sometimes 11:00 or 12:00 depending how late I'm up and how I feel. I also pump and nurse at the same time so I don't miss a pump session and also to catch the let down. As for having a good pump I owe it all to WIC--yaaay. That doesn't even include the comfort nursing aaaand my LO still gets up and nurse at least twice in the twilight hours of the night/morning!
    Mom to Malachi Xavier 9-07/25/1999, Nursed Exclusively,
    Nicolas Daniel 2yrs old-07/28/2007, Nursed Exclusively & Still Nursing Periodically But Sure To Come To An End Soon~Tear
    Married to Dear Husband 15yrs but together 25yrs.