Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my worst nightmare

Default Re: my worst nightmare

Just wanted to say that if you've seen the doc, and he's listened to your babe, then things are probably OK. You treat the symptoms of RSV, not the disease (since it's a virus). So, demanding a test probably isn't going to change the course of treatment, KWIM? Obviously, I'm no doc, so I'm just grasping at straws here, but wanted to offer some reassurance.

Yeah thats what I thought.....I talked to the dr..he said if she is still coughing tom bring her back in the am..I guess we can do the test just to know but youre right it won't change anyhting unless she has to be hospitalized. She is ok untill she has a coughing spell then it lasts for a while and is bad. Anyone else had rsv and had to take bebe to hosp? This is def what I want to avoid. I did the saline drops ....I'm not sure how much tho. She did swallow a lot of it...I could tell after we did her nose she kept swallowing.
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

not to scare you but did you see the rsv thread in around the refreshment table?

I read it..thanks for the info. I'm in for another night of hell. Tom am I will take her in back for the test just so I know.... who knows they may admit her. If she is reallly bad I will go to the er tonight...the shower seems to help but this is so sad. I feel like I can't help her.
    karin

BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07

Karin, I just saw this thread and wanted to just give you a Uggh. I'll send nice healthy vibes your way mama.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I've never tried the vicks on the feet at night but heard it helps keep the coughing down???? anyone know if it works or not????

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkarin View Post
    Yeah thats what I thought.....I talked to the dr..he said if she is still coughing tom bring her back in the am..I guess we can do the test just to know but youre right it won't change anyhting unless she has to be hospitalized. She is ok untill she has a coughing spell then it lasts for a while and is bad. Anyone else had rsv and had to take bebe to hosp? This is def what I want to avoid. I did the saline drops ....I'm not sure how much tho. She did swallow a lot of it...I could tell after we did her nose she kept swallowing.
    I try to do them before each nursing session. Just do two to three drops per nostril and let it sit back for a couple of minutes, then nurse.

Good job following your instincts in protecting your little girl. Sometimes we just need a little reassurance that things are okay.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

I only skimmed, so sorry if I missed something. Waylon had bronchitis when he was 2 months and his oxygen levels were very low. They immediately told me when I called that he HAD to be tested for both the flu and RSV. And, they can send you home with a nebulizer, which helped us IMMENSELY!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Here's a reminder on comfort measures for baby colds:
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/illne...ness.html#cold

Please keep us updated.

well here we are in the hospital with rsv. this sucks but they said she is a good rsv if there is one. She is connected to a bunch of monitors and I am relieved...last night was tourture. I didn't sleep just stayed up and watched her breathe. Dh had a wisdom tooth out so I did't want to wake him up to watch. He did get up tho and do a shower treatment...what a nightmare
    karin