Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my worst nightmare

Default Re: my worst nightmare

Karin--

Try not to beat yourself up. Kids get sick! My youngest got his first cold at 3 weeks of age. You have no idea how bad things would be if you weren't breastfeeding, ya know?

Hang in there.

And Brittan, that IS scary!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkarin View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you....
    I am sick over this. I happen to be one of those germaphobe gel freaks so I can't believe she is so sick. Anyway we have both the cool mist humidifier and the vaporizer going . The dr mentioned rsv ..but didn't think thats what it was. What should I look for?
    Did dr. listen to baby's chest/lungs?
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ljgrile View Post
    Karin--

Try not to beat yourself up. Kids get sick! My youngest got his first cold at 3 weeks of age. You have no idea how bad things would be if you weren't breastfeeding, ya know?

Hang in there.

And Brittan, that IS scary!

Second kids get sick more than the first.

It has NOTHING to do with your milk. She'd probably be a lot sicker if you were not nursing.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Have you tried Vicks Baby Rub. It helps with the congestion. Hang in there... Your doing a great job
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

I figured she would be sicker if she was a formula baby but how much worse. she is finally resting in the swing with the vaporizer. Yes the dr listened and just said if she seems worse, gets a fever, or stops eatting(which surprisingly she has been nursing more...prob b/c she can't get a lot at each feeding and for comfort) to call. Should I go back and demand the test. Its like 20 degrees here and I hate to go back (what if we pick up something else??).
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Quote Originally Posted by hollandperformancehorses View Post
    Have you tried Vicks Baby Rub. It helps with the congestion. Hang in there... Your doing a great job
    i use this for my ds and it works great, but your lo may be too young....yup, i just checked and it is 3 mo and up.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by IansMommy View Post

Second kids get sick more than the first.

It has NOTHING to do with your milk. She'd probably be a lot sicker if you were not nursing.
    Definitely. Although Jack has been BF since birth, he has had loads more colds and viruses than Archie ever had at this age, including a dose of antibiotics. I think it's a second child thing too. But lets hope it's not RSV, to you and your LO Karin.
    Claire, Mum to Archie, 5 and Jack, almost 3! Number 3 on the way!

I am so sorry that your lo is so sick!!! There is nothing worse than a sick baby. Talk about feeling helpless

Our three just got over being very ill last week and boy was it rough. Thank goodness we waited until they were better before getting sick ourselves.

Something that helped the twins with their congestion was putting a Vicks plugin in their room. Their whole room smelled like Vicks, but it seemed to help.

I hope your lo is better soon!!!!
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

The dr said no vicks . I think it causes apnea in little little babys. I just called the dr and am waiting for them to call me.
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

keep us updated!
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)